Sunday, November 28, 2010

Perspectives on Thanksgiving

This is going to be a bit of an unusual post for me, as I am not writing about a recipe.  Instead, I want to take a moment to honor a good cook.  Every person in their life meets at least one person better than them at something and worse than them at something.  Well, I have definitely met someone better than me at cooking (although perhaps this is not as difficult as I would like to make it seem).  I would like to take this blog to honor my cousin's wonderful wife, Rhonda Geogerian.
For Thanksgiving this year, we traveled to Kentucky to stay with my cousin, his wife and their two wonderful children in their huge mansion of a house.  While Scott played outdoors with the oldest daughter, Rhonda worked miracles in the kitchen day after day.  She made cooking look easy and gave inspired me to be a better cook (with a wonderful giant kitchen!).  On Thanksgiving day, she was cooking for 19 people!  The Thanksgiving feast was a splendor that I unfortunately did not get to sample due to a stomach flu.  However, I did get to spend the time with my family and feeling better and that is all that counts.  Thank you Rhonda and Pete for all your hospitality, good food and love this holiday season! 
Love your humble fellow cook,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment