Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies

     There's a cookie recipe that I have been wanting to try for quite a while, ever since my co-worker and friend Marie told me about it.  She kept talking at work about a chocolate chip mint cookie recipe that was so good that she would make a batch and they would be gone in a day.  Everyone in her family loved them.  She even warned me to be careful because the cookies (and the cookie dough) were so good that you couldn't stop eating them.  I just had to try it!
     I begged the recipe off of her, but received it right before Scott and I flew back east.  On a whim, I decided to bring the recipe (and my whole recipe book) with me.  On another whim, I decided to buy all the ingredients to make it.  On a final whim, I decided to make them last night.  Well, there are five cookies left.  Out of like 40.  Yeah, they are definitely good!
     The recipe that she gave me is written in little kid writing.  I guess it is her friend's son that wrote out the recipe for her and she provided a copy.  The writing and misspellings are so cute that I am going to copy the recipe exactly as it is.  Here you go:


Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies


Ingredients:


3/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon bakeing soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350.  lightly grease a cookie sheet
2. Cream together butter and sugars at high speed.
3. Beat in egg.  Stir in vanilla and peppermint
4. Sift together dry ingredents, and add this to the butter mixture along with chocolate chips.  Stir until well combined
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet  Bake 12 to 15 minutes, at 350; Remove from the sheet immediately, and cool on rack
6. Start eating.


     Of course, it would be a lot cuter if you could actually see the little kid writing.  They came out quite delicious. When they were just out of the oven, they tasted like brownies (all crisp on the outside and soft, gooey and chocolatey on the inside).  They have just the hint of mint and the chocolate chips are quite good (I used milk chocolate chips).  When I get the opportunity to, I am going to try to make them with mint chips... and maybe a little bit more peppermint.  What makes me super happy about making them is that they are coming out quite well.  I used to think I was cursed with cookie making (I could never make a good cookie; just mediocre ones), but lately all my cookies have been coming out delicious!  Mmmmm....


Chocolate chip mint cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment