Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Salsa fresca

I can't believe I haven't written a post about my fresh salsa before.  I made a whole bunch of it for my bachelor(ette) party back in August.  And I finally made a new batch yesterday.  Somehow it seems a very summer thing to do.  I think the inspiration this time around was receiving some fresh cilantro out of Lynnelle's garden.  Yum!  Anyways, this recipe is super easy to make.  I based it mostly off of a recipe that came with the instructions to my food processor.

Katie's salsa fresca

Ingredients:

2 small chile peppers, cleaned
1/2 yellow onion, very roughly chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro
4 small tomatoes or 3 medium, very roughly chopped(I used the ones on the vine)
juice of one lime
3/4 tsp kosher salt

Procedure:

1) Put the chile peppers, onion and cilantro in a food processor and run it until everything is finely chopped.  Scrape down the sides and pulse it a couple of times.
2) Add in the tomatoes and lime juice and pulse until it is the consistency you want.
3) Add the salt and pulse once.

There you go!  I love my food processor!  It makes things so convenient!  You will notice that some things need to be pre-chopped ahead of time, but you don't have to do it very finely.  I've noticed that with things like tomatoes and onions the food processor will have a hard time chopping up the whole thing, so I just help it out a little.  So delicious!  And one way to get me to eat tomatoes (which I normally hate)!
Sorry for the lack of pictures recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment