Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On having people cook for you, making soups and more...

     So, I'm back.  Obviously, my life goes on even when I am not writing in the blog.  After all, a girl still needs to eat.  I am afraid that there hasn't been much exciting cooking going on.  In fact, for the most part, I haven't been cooking at all.  Why is that, you may ask?  Well, part of it is having a man who can cook.  I absolutely love cooking but it is very nice to not have to do it all the time.  If I did, I don't think it would be quite as enjoyable.  In the last month or so since I have written in this blog, Scott (or others) have been doing a lot of the cooking.  Scott makes his absolutely delicious Green Chile chicken soup.  He also makes a real mean Macaroni and cheese and green chile.  It is just white macaroni and cheese pasta from a Trader Joe's box but add in the green chile and some special Scott love and it becomes magic. 
     Last week, I was blessed enough to be visiting with our family friends Jim and Ida at the B and B ranch who generously put myself, Scott and my Dad up and cooked for us all plus treated us to lunch every day!  What wonderful people (and not only because they gave me free food).  It was a bit of a shock to come back on sunday last and have to cook for myself again.
     I have made one discovery about cooking this week.  Scott has been directing and so has had to stay at our job for the days that it is in program.  Since I am not working program, that means that I have had to cook for myself.  Yesterday, I cooked a very delicious lentil soup (very similar to the leftover lentil soup I made previously but with celery and potatoes instead of rice) but realized that I didn't enjoy it quite as much without someone there to appreciate it.  There's just something about cooking for other people that just brings joy into my heart.  It is wonderful to see someone else enjoying your food.  When it is just you, what's the point?  Other than a good meal, I suppose...  I did enjoy my soup.  I am coming to realize just how much I do enjoy lentil soup.  And it was even better today!

Scott's Green Chile Chicken soup, first day

Green chile chicken soup a couple of days after.  Notice how the broth has thickened.  Yum...

A vegetable soup that I made from leftover vegetables I had around the house. 
Using red onion and red cabbage made the broth turn purple. 
I am not going to blog about it because I didn't
particularly like it and I think I had an allergic reaction to it.


My Dad and I at the B and B ranch

Lentil soup

No comments:

Post a Comment