Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homemade microwave popcorn

This recipe blew my mind!  Who knew it was possible to make your own popcorn at home in a microwave?  I have been looking for a popcorn maker for months (if not a year plus) as I am addicted to popcorn.  However, I know that the chemical/processed microwave popcorn that you buy is not the healthiest for you.  Thanks to the Food Matters book by Mark Bittman I learned how to make my own!

Homemade microwave popcorn

Ingredients:
1/4 cup popcorn
1/4 tsp salt
whatever toppings you want

Procedure:
1) Put the popcorn in a brown bag and fold the top many times.  Microwave it for 3-4 minutes until there are 4-5 seconds between pops.  Add your toppings, shake and enjoy.

Delicious and nutritious!  Popcorn by itself is really healthy and low calorie.  Even if you add your own butter and salt it is still way better for you than any microwave version!  Thank you, Food Matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment