Friday, April 29, 2011

Vegan chili

     I have been so flipping busy lately that I haven't had time to write in my blog at all.  Of course, the fact that I was away from home (for work and vacation) hasn't helped, either!  The point being that I am finally writing the blog for food that I cooked on March 29th.  Exactly a month later.  Anyways, here goes...
     This recipe is from Mark Bittman's food matters cookbook.  It is called Chili con poco carne, although it is truly Chili con non carne as I was serving it for my co-workers (one of whom was a vegan).  It is the first time that I made chili and it came out delicious!  My co-workers were so hungry that they kept trying to rush me and eat is but I told them to wait.  The extra cooking time just gave all the flavors a chance to marinate and it was wonderful.  I would definitely do it again.  I would share the recipe with you, but it was from a library book that I have since had to return to the library.  But it had lots of veggies and stuff.  Here are pics to enjoy (note they are all foggy from the steam).


Chili con non carne


So delicious!

Typhoon the vegan of the bunch.  :-D


Noixium enjoying chili



We've seen this face before!


No comments:

Post a Comment