Sunday, June 12, 2011

The kind of thing I always order in restaurants

     It is amazing how long I can make a meal last.  For example, today (sunday 6/12), I am still eating food that I cooked on thursday (6/9).  So, what did I make?  Whole wheat pasta with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and olives.  The kind of thing I always order in restaurants.  Best of all, it was way cheaper than restaurant fare (especially considering how many meals I have gotten out of it).

Whole wheat pasta with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and olives

Ingredients:

A bag of whole wheat pasta (I used the rotini kind)
Olives
Feta cheese
Sun-dried tomatoes
Pesto
  (1 cup basil leaves, 1-3 cloves garlic, 1/3 cup pine nuts, 3-6 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup olive oil)

Procedure:
1) Cook the whole wheat pasta
2) While the pasta is cooking, add all the ingredients for the pesto except the olive oil in a food processor until they are all finely chopped.  Add in the oil gradually while the food processor runs until it makes a paste.
3) Drain the pasta and then add in the rest of the ingredients to your flavor.
4) Enjoy with more parmesan cheese if you so desire!

     Delicious and easy! 


My pasta creation

With farmer's market salad

No comments:

Post a Comment